Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Swimming on his OWN!!

After a long day at the beach we hit up to pool again.  Kamden liked calling the hot tub the pool,  the pool the beach, and the beach the ocean, so needless to say it got confusing as to what he was talking about.  But, we had a MAJOR break through today at the pool.  We had been playing for a little while and Kamden had gotten brave enough to venture from where he could touch, but not without having a death grip on my swim suit straps.  There happened to be another little 3yr old there swimming and playing with his little water wings on.  After watching the little boy some and warming up to him, Kamden says to me, "mom I want my floaties on."  I go get them and put them on him.  He still didn't want to leave the step, but I pulled him into the pool, made him let go of me and then I slowly let go of him and showed him he could float.  It just suddenly clicked with him and he was off!  It was sooo exciting because we have really been waiting for this for 2yrs.  After that if I tried to hold him he'd say, "no mom I can do it myself."  Thank you Baines! (That was the other little boys name). They had fun and we wound up spending much of the afternoon in the pool, but we were okay with it cause this was a HUGE step for Kamden. 

No comments:

Post a Comment