Well, a lot has taken place since my last post of Valentines Day. After lots of thought, praying & discussion, Aaron & I decided that the best thing for our family right now is for me to turn in my notice at work. With Kamden starting school in the fall & MANY other developments we decided I should stay home with Kamden this summer. So, I finished up 8 years of management @ La Petite Academy in June & am LOVING staying home with Kamden. I was really sad to leave, but agreed to stay on as a sub & help out in various ways when needed. Not sure what I will do in the fall yet when Kamden is in school all day, but time will tell.
Aaron switched positions at work & is now the lead over center section & is working towards management. He is also developing into the father / husband God designed him to be & is diving into his faith & the Bible. He has been reading through the bible in a year & is preparing for his first EVER trip to ANY camp. He is going to be going as a sponsor with our youth to church camp. We are both excited for him to get to develop a relationship with the youth & strengthen his relationship with Christ as well. I am so proud of the man he has become.
Kamden graduated Pre-K & is VERY ready for Kindergarten. He is so smart & is going to do great. He is excited his friend Maxson will also be at the same school. He is reading & is learning simple math. We are also working on tying his shoes & a few other things. On the down side, he has a smart mouth & is talking back quite a bit. He also loves to put on a show & gets attention wherever he goes. I am worried he will be in trouble over these things in school, but I am also working to nip a few in the bud since we are spending much more time together this summer. He is still very big for his age. He is in the 95th percentile for height & weight. This summer he has conquered his water fear & is now swimming with his head under water with no floaties. This has been a huge development for him. We are very excited for his new milestones & can't wait to start Kindergarten to see what that holds.
We have had a lot of visitors this summer so far. My very good friend Mandy came & stayed the night with us, my mom came & stayed for a week with us & my Me-Ma & aunt Denise came for my birthday. We went to a casino. It felt very scandalous, but we spent no money, were given free money for our birthdays, & left with $34! I'd call that a good night. We are still hoping Kass & Brooke will be able to reschedule their visit for later this summer as well. We would love to get to spend time with them.
As far as what we have been doing this summer, on Sunday morning is church, then Aaron has bowling in the afternoon, Monday Kamden has bowling @ noon, Wednesday is story time @ the library, church again & Aaron has softball, Thursday we have been going to a fun event @ the library & Kamden has gymnastics. We have had a few other things going on during the week as well. The month of July Kamden has swim lessons every weekday morning & we had VBS the first week of July. I have also had the chance to catch up with some friends over lunch dates & every other weekend we babysit our little twin girls. PHEW! For not having a job, I sure have stayed busy!
I have really enjoyed being able to put my energy into Kamden & keeping my house clean. I also love being able to fix healthy meals for my boys & being able to be the wife & mom God wants me to be. I am looking forward to seeing what changes the fall holds for us. So far 2012 has been an amazing year for Team Thornton!
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Just Info.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment